Friday, May 22, 2009

Chet Atkins plays The Beatles

Chet Atkins was a wonderful American guitar performer, whose virtuoso guitar style established a new standard of popular instrumental music.

Today I stumbled on his recording of a medley of 4 Beatles songs, and I couldn't resist the temptation of putting, as I hold the Beatles among the finest authors of popular Western music of the 20th century, and Chet Atkins - among the finest of performers. Besides, the second of the songs has struck a chord with me today.



The songs are -

  1. If I Fell in Love (A Hard Day's Night, track 3)

  2. For No One (Revolver, track 10)

  3. Something (Abbey Road, track 2)

  4. Lady Madonna (released contemporarily as a single, then on Past Masters Vol. 2)

Also worth noting - Tina Turner's cameo at the end the video, and a bit of dialogue around it.

No comments: